Training and Coaching
What We Offer
We recognise that the development of a robust research strategy is only the first step towards achieving your organisational objectives. Implementing and continuously evaluating this strategy is crucial for ensuring its effectiveness and alignment with your evolving goals. Through our RSA Campus Training and Support Services, we offer customised and customisable masterclasses and workshops to support your team through these critical phases. We also provide a range of post-engagement solutions to maintain communication with our clients and extend support throughout the lifecycle of strategy implementation. Following the design of your strategy, RSA Campus Training and Support Services provide assistance and guidance to transition this strategy from idea to action. This ensures that strategies are translated into operational realities within your organisation.
- Customised and customisable masterclasses and workshops: Training sessions are
tailored to reflect the specifics of your strategy, ensuring a coherent understanding
among team members.
- Knowledge Transfer: Training transfers the requisite knowledge and skills to your team,
enabling them to manage and adapt the research strategy independently over time.
- Interactive Learning Environment: The training environment promotes interactive discussions and real life problem-solving, ensuring a deep understanding and confident execution of the research strategy by your team.
Coaching and Support
- Continuous Support: We offer ongoing support to address any emerging challenges and ensure the research strategy remains aligned with your organisation’s goals.
- Practical Implementation Guidance: Our consultants provide hands-on guidance to your team during implementation, addressing any blockers and challenges to ensure that the strategy is effective.
- Evaluation and Feedback: Periodic evaluations are conducted to assess the effectiveness of the strategy, with feedback provided to ensure continuous improvement.
With the support of RSA Campus Training and Support Services, your organisation is equipped to transition the new strategy into actionable operations. Through this service, we aim to empower your team to navigate, manage, and optimise the research strategy autonomously, fostering a culture of self-sufficiency and continuous improvement.
Overview of Our Training Services
For research leaders (Research Centre Directors, Research Managers, P/DVCR, ADRs,
Masterclass I. Implementing and managing your research strategy: A program-based approach.
- This masterclass aims to provide participants with a theory of strategy specifically developed for publicly and non-profit funded research organisations, as well as practical methods for implementing and managing strategic programs of work.
Masterclass II. Managing research strategy in the mid- to long- term: Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and goal setting.
- This masterclass takes a deep dive into how to set effective KPIs and goals that go beyond simplistic output measures like publication counts and citations. Participants will learn how to develop internal and external KPIs, how to set input goals, process goals and system goals, and how to shift the dial on organisational performance.
Masterclass III. Performance management for research managers: from research quality to research impact.
- This course is specifically designed to help research managers navigate the world of research engagement and impact. We will show you how to develop new performance management systems and processes that go beyond traditional quantitative exercises.
Our Masterclasses each run for half a day (3 hours), but Masterclasses can be combined as a full-day workshop or 2 day workshop. They can be delivered in person or online. They are designed for groups of between 20-30 participants. We can tailor our existing suite of masterclasses and workshops to meet the specific needs of your organisation or develop entirely new training modules to help you maximise the impacts of your research strategy.
One off masterclass (3 hours per Masterclass, ~20 participants)
- Face to face (only) $20,000 (excl GST)
- Face to Face and Online (follow up, ~20–40 participants combined across modes) $27,500 (excl, GST)
Combined masterclass (2 or more)
- 2 x Face to face (only) $35,000 (excl. GST)
- 2 x Face to Face and Online (follow up) $45,000 (excl. GST)
- 3 x Face to face (only) $50,000 (excl. GST)
- 3 x Face to Face and Online (follow up) $70,000 (excl. GST)